Acrylic Hat bill template

I have searched online endlessly for an outline or template of a hat bill. I am trying to find an easier way to cut fabric in the shape I need to be adhered to a hat bill and thought of cut one out of acrylic on the GF for a stencil/mold, but if I trace one, it will only let me engrave the outline.

Any tips or anyone have an answer or link?

You need to create a vector cutting line in a vector program like Inkscape, Illustrator, or Affinity Design. In Inkscape or Illustrator you can do an autotrace on your bitmap tracing to create the vector cut line (search the forum for trace bitmap, you’ll get tons of hits).

Alternatively, you could use the built in tracing capability of the Glowforge—it will trace your hand tracing and give you an engrave step (which you can ignore) and a cut step. The links to Your First Three Prints in your dashboard give a good introduction to this feature.

Or, if you have the premium features, just use the outline function and set the offset to zero. :slight_smile:

I created an outline from a hat I have here:
Hat Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.