Acrylic leftovers looking for a home

I have several hundred left over pieces of 1/8" (medium) acrylic (red, blue, orange, purple) in a bit of an odd shape but too good to toss. I will never need this many. I am willing to sell them at 5 for $1 plus shipping. These would be perfect for jewelry makers or others who just need small pieces of acrylic for their projects. Minimum $10 order.

3 Likes

There are destash groups on Facebook.

2 Likes

Sorry. I don’t do FB.

3 Likes

The forum in general is not a buy/sell/trade place except for used Glowforges.

2 Likes

That is to say that generally people don’t come looking here for materials. There have been a couple of cases where people have sold remnants or custom materials here (Koa wood, etc), but it’s rare.

So @Curt9231 while it’s not against any rules to make this kind of offer you might not get many takers — it’s just not something people have gotten in the habit of looking for.

Like @dklgood said, there are entire Facebook groups that are both larger and also specifically looking for this sort of thing. If you want to sell your stuff you may want to try it out there.

Acrylic remnants are useful to the right buyer. The trick is finding that particular person… I bet you’ll have more luck on FB.

4 Likes

Can you post of pic of the all colors without the masking?

1 Like

Sure. Here they are.
IMG_4863

5 Likes

I like them, and I’ve bought materials at really good prices here on the forum before. But shipping now will kill me.

There will be a buyer on here. It’s a good price for test materials or earring/sun catcher parts.

1 Like

So, what were you making that produced so many scraps?

1 Like

I posted this previously in “Made on a Glowforge”

7 Likes

I’ve sold several hundred already but still have some. Shipping isn’t bad. You can get about 200 in a USPS Flat Rate box that ships for $22.80. That’s 200 for an out the door of $62.80.

2 Likes

Oh right yeah that rocket was a nice project.

2 Likes

I recently moved overseas. My dad just sent me a small flat rate box of my mail that cost him 47 dollars. And my neighbor sent my son’s diploma, but because of the size of the priority mail envelope, it cost 61 dollars. Given that paper costs so much to send, i shudder to think what an actual box with weight costs to send. Funny, because it’s been pretty affordable to send stuff back to the US.

3 Likes

Wow. That would add up quickly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.