Acrylic Lifter Pins You Can Cut From Scraps

I thought the same thing. But according to the description, it’s non combustible paper.

6 Likes

While masking is usually fine for most woods, with acrylics you can get little chip knockouts from the flashback which masking does not prevent.

4 Likes

Very interesting. Wonder what they use to make it non-combustible?

1 Like

pretty good chance your power is too high if that’s happening. speed up or lower power and that should go away.

6 Likes

Thank you! A great use for scraps.

6 Likes

Industrial non combustible paper (think hollow core doors, non-solid wood IKEA furniture, wallpaper lining etc) typically uses aluminum hydroxide. Fire retardants for fabrics are usually some kind of salt solution.

6 Likes

Very interesting. Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

These look great. I haven’t worked much with acrylic. What are the benefits for having acrylic raised off the crumb tray?

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

You can also mask, but this is definitely quicker and less wasteful!

4 Likes

I mask it and raise it. It keeps the flashback from the tray marring the under side of the acrylic.

I had this problem a lot when working with green-glass acrylic for my clock. The edges would look notched if the laser-power was slightly to high. Even through the masking it would remove some the edge and it wouldn’t look perfect.

9 Likes

Neat idea, thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Ugh. This is what happens when I rush a thing out the door. My measurements are switched and yes, you’re right, that part of the design would lift the acrylic up off the crumb tray by 8mm.

6 Likes