Acrylic Nameplates .040 bought from Amazon

I guess Poison Ivy would be considered quite normal right now. She was just living in the wrong time.

3 Likes

I am east coat :slight_smile: There certainly are a lot of glowforgers scattered about.

Ahhh! What is the IG page for her plants!?!?!? I love that people make a page for plants. Plants often look picturesque and so it would be greatness. My husband tried to get into composting and I think we may have invented some soil creatures that would have not existed otherwise. Basically, it was a fail and you can not solve composting problems with sprinkles (apparently).

1 Like

I imagine we’re talking about such small quantities it wouldn’t hurt anyone, but I feel like someone should mention it… burning ABS produces hydrogen cyanide gas, deadly stuff, the stuff Nazis used in the extermination camps. 100 ppm in the air will kill an adult in 10 minutes, 2000 ppm in 1 minute. For this reason I’ll never cut/engrave ABS even if it’s possible. I don’t want to make those fumes.

1 Like

Yes, but also any materials that contain nitrogen e.g., nylon, wool, polyurethane to name a few. If your reasoning is off-gassing, you should be limiting your materials quite a bit more than just ABS.

2 Likes

I only burn hardwood, formaldehyde-free plywood, acrylic, chipboard and cork.

And on occasion, bread, tortillas and butter.

5 Likes