Acrylic Pen Color Chart

I shared this in the “Made On A Glowforge” section, but thought others might like the file as well. It’s so hard on the pen sets I have to know what the colors actually are, as some of them have more of a metallic look, so I wanted to know what they actually looked like. I’ll be doing one for each of the woods I use. I made mine to be 5" wide, which gives nice sized squares to color but doesn’t make the whole thing too big. (You notice I haven’t finished coloring in the bottom ones at this point, but it’s finished on my MOAGF section.) I also changed the font to be a little bigger, as it’s pretty light on the first one I did.

Here’s the SVG file. Hope it helps.
pen color chart

51 Likes

This will be very helpful for many users. Thank you!

3 Likes

How awesome… May I ask which acrylic pens you use?

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll be using this for sure!!

3 Likes

Thank you! I need to do one for my alcohol pens, too.

4 Likes

Lovely! I like how you added numbers to them, since having a specific name takes up a lot of room and limits the use.

3 Likes

Thanks for your generous share! Now I have a project worthy of buying some dry erase board and testing it out.

2 Likes

If you zoom into the photo you can see the brand.

ZEYAR Acrylic Paint Pens

3 Likes

Neat idea! I should do that with my Posca pens.

1 Like

Thank you, this is such a good idea!

2 Likes

Great idea! Very helpful!

2 Likes

Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

@psaena, I am using the 47 set Zeyar acrylic pens and Tooli-Art 36 set Skin & Earth Tones acrylic pens, both purchased on Amazon. The chart should be easily adaptable for any pens you may have, however.

@jamely, I had to number them - none of my pens have any color names on them! So I used a “superfine” Sharpie to write tiny little numbers on the tops of the caps. I thought about putting them on the sides, but the Zeyars come in such a nice case… and until I actually make a pen holder for all of them, at which point I’d number the holes… but then again, I’d still need the numbers on the tops so I’d know which was which if I had more than one at a time out. :joy:

@kelley1 - I did do one on the dry erase board I have; just be sure to let it dry completely before you set anything on top of it. Mine’s still not dry a day later, but maybe because I actually had to “pool” some of the ink so I could actually see the color. The one thing about the dry erase board is that it doesn’t seem to color very well at first, but, it definitely shows what the color actually looks like as opposed to the wood ones.

Everyone - thank you for all your kind comments. Makes me feel really good that I actually made something that is useful! Yay! And I did notice that the SVG I added actually prints out at 5.25" instead of 5". I’ve changed it on my dashboard, but didn’t change the SVG. It’s not that much different so didn’t know if people would care. Either way works, as it can be made to any size desired. Oh, and in case anyone wonders why I started with the higher numbers at the top, it’s simply because of the way I numbered the pens in their boxes as I look at them, starting with the ones closest to me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes