Acrylic sculpture marker

I’ve always dislike the way my ‘signature’ looks on clay sculptures, so I decided to make a stamp to keep the signature consistant and clean. Made with 0.42 inch acrylic and extremely pleased with the results!

edz

35 Likes

Impressive!

5 Likes

Wow, that looks great. The acrylic itself didn’t look so impressive, but that impression is so clean.

2 Likes

I had the exact same thought when I made it, but I was really happy with the impression :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you engraved away to leave the initials proud of the service - in which case how come it so polished where it is engraved away.

I’m confused by the picture :slight_smile:

First impressions are so important! :wink: Great idea.

4 Likes

Wow … Very nice impression!

2 Likes

You don’t know how hard I had to work to stop myself from making that joke in the post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, the picture is even more confusing from the cut side.

I signed my initials with a black sharpie on white paper, took a photo and then edited the photo in photoshop to invert the colors so my initials were white and all else black. So, when I engraved, all but my initials were cut away. FWIW, I did two passes on the engrave to make it deeper.

Hope this helps.

edz

2 Likes

What an awesome solution. The result is stellar!

1 Like

Thanks! It looks like there will be a few orders coming in from others in the studio :slight_smile:

Great idea! I’m a clay artisan too - I’ve looking a an easy way to create a “Maker’s Mark” - Just got a glowforge - I gonna try your idea. Thanks for sharing! Cindi

1 Like