Acrylic slump bowl with PG glass green acrylic

Love that! (It’s just begging for a handful of Hershey’s Kisses for the munchkins to raid when they visit.) :grinning:

8 Likes

Yes! But, that’s about it…a handful. This thing is very small.

2 Likes

You might be able to blame Jules and I for that…last time they got it back in stock, she and I went whole hog on ordering. I’m hoarding mine and treating it like gold.

7 Likes

that acrylic is so epic-ally thick - how thick is it?

1 Like

Yep! (Not sorry!) :rofl:

2 Likes

That really came out beautifully!

As mentioned in the OP, it’s regular :proofgrade: Green Glass Acrylic, so it’s ~1/4".

1 Like

The ideas and procedures just amaze me. Again all I can say is WOW!

2 Likes

Looks good.

2 Likes

Yep…me neither. :grin:

3 Likes

So neat! Did you happen to take a picture of it pre-slumping? Interested in seeing what kind of layout you used to have the sides end up with such nice spacing.

2 Likes

Very nice!

Definitely need to keep my eye on the glass green being restocked. Placed three huge orders for material before year end, so haven’t thought to check again.

3 Likes

I vote for roly poly bowly! It’s awesome and now i want one.

3 Likes

Thank you. No, sorry I didn’t think of it until afterward. And, your eyes are deceiving you…thats where the deformity came into play…when I gently pushed the stainless steel bowl down over it to create the sides, it was slightly a kilter…so at least two of the ‘petals’ or whatever they are, overlapped one another just enough to deform one side. To have done it evenly would have taken some great skill. Frankly, the entire bowl is out of whack and I know it’s difficult to tell in the photos, but it gives me incentive to figure out a better way. This is what my design looks like in my app;

My mind is buzzing with ideas for more of this kind of process.

16 Likes

Instant pot? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xabbess, tell us about the stand the bowl is on. Did you make it? It looks amazing too. Do you have any full pictures of it?

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s not a stand actually, but an LED light.

Hmm. Not sure how that would be done, but it would be cool!

1 Like

Well so it is! I love it. Great job and unique item.

1 Like

Very nice! Something I might need to try!

That is way cool! I’ve never thought of another process after laser cutting that involves deforming it with heat until now. This opens new possibilities…

2 Likes