Acrylic Spice caddies

I’ve been wanting to make some more spice shelves for my smaller containers. Just needed to get the brackets set for these wire racks. 3D print job. The screw goes through the bracket into a hole with a captive nut and then into a hole in the shelf tubing to keep the bracket from sliding down. A spring loaded detent mechanism would be cool, but unnecessary.

Inkscape Laser Tools Box joints. The next one I’ll make a bit wider to fit 8 2" jars. I was going for the width of the wire rack rather than reference the jars since I have a variety of sizes.

I messed up on positioning the engrave. I had already taken the masking off and put the piece back in for engraving. I added text with the Premium tools and centered it in the existing design rather than looking at the position of the acrylic I put in that was not really visible in the bed. Doh!

I do need to get some Weld-on for glue up. My CA glue is all dried up so I used the hot snot gun. Not real pretty, but it is fast.

The other side of the racks has the big spices containers

46 Likes

This is a great practical cut. I love it when you can find a way for :glowforge: and in this case, a 3D printer to fill a need.

2 Likes

Brilliant problem solving! It looks fine and I didn’t really notice it was off centre. I love the fact that you add the detail of the quotes!

7 Likes

I need this! Nicely done.

7 Likes

Great idea! The GF really helps make a house a home!

5 Likes

I like that you always include a quote in your spice racks.

Looks like coriander is getting low!

6 Likes

This looks great! Thanks for sharing the process.

3 Likes

Nice! I made a tray for mine but the rack design is clever.

3 Likes

Nice! Those turned out great!

3 Likes

This looks awesome!!

3 Likes

I like it but the zip ties would be so much easier.

1 Like

Gotta love those practical cuts. Working on one now I’ll post soon.

2 Likes

Nice use of the 3d printer and Glowforge. Anything that organizes in the kitchen is great. I like the clear acrylic for this. The quotes are great!

2 Likes

Love the practicality of this cut!

1 Like

I’m constantly looking for new ways to store my spices. I have an entire wall of my walk-in pantry in spices and still need more space.

3 Likes