Acrylic Tie Fighter Ornament

Finally moved my machine into my house after 5 months of getting it! First time with proofgrade!

File here: Tie Fighter & X-Wing Laser Cut Ornaments - C4 Labs by Mr_MegaTronic - Thingiverse

51 Likes

It’s a cool design! I gave one set to a friend last Christmas and he loved them :smile:

Looks awesome, inspired me to have a go as my nephew would love one of those. What thickness is the acrylic @cindyhodesigns?

Nice job! How many times have you flown it around going pew pew pew? Just me?

1 Like

I’ve done a few of those in wood… Looks RAD in acrylic… wondering now about black acrylic… hmmm…

1 Like

Oh, that turned out beautifully! :grinning:

1 Like

This is 1/8 (3.175mm) thick

My son has but I did that once :joy:

2 Likes

Un be liev able!

Love it in acrylic!

Question to those who’ve used the Thingiverse files - I looked at the EPS and SVG files and there are all kinds of unconnected lines. What’s the secret to making these work?

Those allow the pieces to stay in place until the person I ready to do the “Puzzle”. The part that isn’t cut is very small. You can just snap them out, or if you prefer, close them off in the program of your choice.

1 Like

I believe this is a cleaned up version of the SVG:

1 Like

Found them! Thanks!

Using the “punch out” version will allow you to cut them, and then send them in a Christmas card, for the recipient to assemble.

1 Like

Or send them out on May 4th !!!

3 Likes

I have found my people. :smiley:

2 Likes

This thread made me happy. #DarthsHaveFeelingsToo

2 Likes

Have you gotten into trying Fusion360 yet? I shared a parametric model in the Free Designs category that allows you to scale the model up or down, and specify your own material thickness, and everything adjusts automatically for you.

My OCD level went into Hyperdrive when I tried combing through C4 Labs’ file. LOL.

2 Likes