Active thread set to automatically close

I don’t understand, my understanding was that threads only autoclose after they’ve been inactive for 30 days? According to the @dan himself:

The thread below is very active, yet it’s set to close in 11 days. Is there a discourse problem?

5 Likes

I was wondering about that myself. I saw it happening on at least one other active thread, but can’t remember now which one.

1 Like

So the new challenge is to be the last to post just before it auto-closes…

6 Likes

That’s a nice twist on “First!”

4 Likes

And we hereby declare yet another badge of honor.

OOPSIE - saw the problem soon as posted. Here is the fix
LastPlaceRedux

3 Likes

Its part of the challenge, will the thread close before everyone gets their orders…

Seems like it should be 30 days from last post as to expire off old inactive threads instead of killing active ones.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing when I first noticed, but I never imagined the orders would take this long! They haven’t acknowledged my cancellation yet.

1 Like

I just posted again about another prematurely closing thread: Automatically closing threads

1 Like

Did we ever figure out why this was a good feature to have? As a three year forum member, I do like to necro a topic occasionally.:skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

It might be fixed now…

Well, that is, as long as you necro it within 30 days. :wink:

2 Likes

I think that only applies to maybe new threads created after Dan made the changes last night. Looks like threads keep the rules that existed when they were posted. Old threads made before the rules do not auto close, Threads made during the 30 day from first post still say they will close soon. Time will tell what new threads since this change overnight will do.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this. Since Dan has already helped out and made the changes, I’m going to close this thread. If the changes he made don’t fix the problem, let us know.

1 Like

We should discuss in another thread… since this one is closed. :wink:

10 Likes