Add Rotate by Single Increment Tool in ruler widget

I noticed that this was brought to the attention of GlowForge in December of 2020 and the thread was marked as closed. I would like GlowForge to re-visit this suggestion and implement it as soon as possible. Lining pieces up is hard enough. We need GlowForge to make our lives a tad bit easier by adding a simple rotation by single increment tool to the widget. Designers need the ability to rotate by a specific number other than degrees of 45.

I think most people do their designing in other programs.

4 Likes

Maybe not specifically custom designing but it helps with layout and being able to utilize as much space as possible. I will upload an original design and then import others to use up all the space possible.

I’m not sure why you’d have to type in a specific number of degrees to utilize space. You have free-form rotation already, with at least single degree freedom of motion via just mouse/touch.

4 Likes

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I understand how that would be helpful.

We are always looking to add and improve, so I’ll share your suggestions with the product team. I hope they decide to go with it in a future version.

In the meantime, I’m going to move this post to ‘Everything Else’ so the conversation can continue!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.