Addams Family Pinball Machine

Here is my last project of 2022. This Addams Family table top pinball machine was designed and built by me. It features all mechanical movements, so there are no electronics. The bulk of this machine was built the old fashioned way in my wood shop and embellished with sone pretty cool Glowforged pieces, like the house and badging.

This uses 1/2” steel marbles and features two level playing field, bonus ramp, bumpers, flippers and even a hand soldered steel return track. This is an absolute blast to play and the customer was speechless.

111 Likes

I’m blown away! Do you have a video of it in action?

15 Likes

Speechless…

7 Likes

I’m in awe of your creation. That is beautiful.

Does the table play well?

9 Likes

I guess so! I had the same reaction! Excellent job on that commission. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Yes, it took a bit of trial and error but it plays very well. There is a series of guides that funnel the ball back to the tray when it goes into a scored hole or “out” hole. The flippers have rubber bands that work well.

22 Likes

Wowser. Your talents extend so far beyond being a master luthier.

12 Likes

Wow!

11 Likes

Indeed, I do have footage of playing it. Here is a YouTube link, Enjoy!

28 Likes

This may be one of the most incredible builds I have ever seen. Built on the glowforge or otherwise!! I am truly in awe.

13 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s nice to do something other than a guitar every once in a while and this was just the project to end the year on. I see another one in my future. It’s just too fun!

15 Likes

Oh. Just wow. This is amazing.

7 Likes

Oh my. That is… I have no words!

6 Likes

VERY cool. I bet it’s interesting that, unlike standard solenoid-powered flippers, being non-powered must provide some unique control over the ball. I mean, I always laugh when people hit flipper buttons harder expecting a different result than if they simply press the button, but in this case it actually would.

12 Likes

OMG… this is awesome.

7 Likes

This is awesome! I have restored two 1934 pre war pinballs and have always wanted to design one. I have plans that were in magazine from the 30s to build one and just have not done it yet. I sold one but this is the one I still have.

22 Likes

OMG this is unbelievably awesome. I don’t have words!!!

I hope you were compensated appropriately because this is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen someone make. I can’t even imagine how many hours of work you put into designing and creating this. WOW! :heart_eyes: :heart: :heart_eyes: :heart: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Absolutely right. It makes me laugh too seeing someone hit the electronic buttons hard. There is a great deal of finesse and control with these analog flippers. It’s a great deal of fun but a bit tricky.

9 Likes

Wow! That’s beautiful. It’s nice to see what other people make. This has been on my radar for a long time and I finally got a commission for one. I love old plans out of magazines. I’ve built a couple things from old time plans. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

8 Likes

Thank you SO much. I was paid well for this but I will be adjusting my price after building this one. There was a lot of detail work that took some time. So lesson learned. Thank you for your kind words.

6 Likes