Adventures in Leather

Hi all, I’m been playing around with the potentials of working with leather on the glowforge for the past few months. This will be the first time posting any thing I’ve made here. Everything is made from full grain and top grain vegetable-tanned Leather. Hope you enjoy it.!

I’ve enjoyed it so much that a started a Facebook group called Awl Things Leather and Lasers as a support group for working with leather to find like minded people to share experience and advice with.

96 Likes

Beautiful work.

2 Likes

Hey there! Thanks dude. :+1:

2 Likes

Great work, very nicely done, love it!

2 Likes

That’s some gorgeous leather work!

4 Likes

I gasped in awe when I saw that book. Just amazing!

4 Likes

That’s really great work. No pressure — I completely understand if you want to keep your techniques to yourself— but I’d love to know more about your processes (especially your excellent color work) and how long it takes to produce this level of quality result.

9 Likes

Beautiful projects!
I love leather, but haven’t been brave enough to do too many leather projects.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing these beautiful leather products. I love the variety of designs - from intricately complex, to simple lines or quotes.

2 Likes

Wow! Super work! So pretty! That dragon is neat looking. Who wouldn’t want to carry a wallet or notebook with that engraved on it! And, please do tell on the coloring technique.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! I really love the book covers. The red finish on the leather looks so good. What do you stain with?

2 Likes

Love them awl . Very well done. Leather is the main reason why I boarded this crazy train called Glowforge. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just wow! I really need to try a leather project.

1 Like

Wow! really stunning work! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The book is my very favorite…it’s amazingly elegant and luxurious.

1 Like

There not really a secret just patiences! I just do lots of layers of leather dyes. I do mix my own colors because I don’t like the straight out of bottle colors. The filled areas are Angelus leather paint. I want to make a tutorial one day, but I need a tutorial on how to make tutorials😂

11 Likes

Eco-flo stains and dyes🙌

3 Likes

I especially like the red book that you made. The color looks so rich. The dye techniques you are using are beautiful. :blush:

2 Likes

Gorgeous work! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

In case there is some confusion, some of these are Italian full grain leather and some are top grain tooling leather.

4 Likes