Adventures in Photo Engraving

Love your creations (and your Instagram site too). Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you! Odds are I’ll ending up replying more on Instagram for its ease and quickness…though anything with lots of steps I’ll definitely try to share here!

2 Likes

You learn fast! Thanks for sharing your process. Your Instagram is sweet - occasional cat picture included. Really excited to see what you post next in the forum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did see this! My wife loves following you on instagram. @warfelstudios Perhaps you know her? She thought it was funny that I knew it was you from the forum

4 Likes

Thanks @dan!! I’ve got a new project idea in the works, if I ever finish it I’ll totally be posting it here :grin:

@markwarfel haha no way! I 100% know her…all those crazy teeny little lasercut earrings are amazing!

4 Likes

I looked at your wife’s Etsey site…very nice stuff. She sounds so excited and enthusiastic in her descriptions and captions. Very enjoyable@

3 Likes

Thanks @Xabbess! She loves making them and loves how the Glowforge has helped!

4 Likes

I really like the one at 9 o’clock in your second picture. Is that the one you ended up using standalone?

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, that was one of the last tests before the final engrave. I made just some minor changes…probably most noticeable is the cross being held by the figure second in from the right.

1 Like

Can you share what settings you used for your finished version?

1 Like

It was all done through glowforge’s automatic dark engrave! :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing work I’m still trying to master my photos to come out like yours.

Hello, very cool! I’m hoping you could give some ideas on engraving a wedding photo to go into invitations. I’ve found some aspen at .025 that is probably too thin to make a decent go at “shading” the picture. Trying to find the thinnest I can engrave pics to go into wedding invites. Also ideas on the settings to use. total nube. :slight_smile: appreciate any feedback from you great people on best practices, minimum thickness of wood for effective dark portion of pic, etc. Best to you all. B.

Nicely done! Good to know the default settings produce something like this. I’d be very interested to see the source photo that you sent to the Glowforge after tweaking it. That might help some of us who want to do the same thing figure out how much we should alter our own pics.

1 Like

HI! I’d love to know what setting you used for the final one, was it Draft Photo, HD Photo, or 3D Engrave?

beautiful result with the cherry ply!!