Affinity Designer Document Dimensions

I’m using a square piece of wood, 8"x8". It would be nice if I could enter that 8"x8" and an appropriate DPI, and go. Is that possible? I’ve been doing mostly whole Proof Grade sheets, and use 96dpi and 20"x12".

I can’t recall whether I can put in any arbitrary measurement. And the weather here in California is too hot for the GlowForge to operate until later tonight when the house is back in the 70s.

-mz

1 Like

Certainly – you can adjust the artboard (document) dimensions to anything you want.

That being said, I never do – I have a standard artboard that matches the current cutting area dimensions, currently approx. 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, according to the tech spec page. It doesn’t matter if I’m cutting/engraving a full PG sheet or engraving a shirt button – I use the same artboard dimension. This keeps me from creating a design too large for the GF. Too small is not possible. :wink:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.