Africa Earrings

I made these for Juneteenth. I gave them out to friends, family and some of the church ladies. They loved them! They are cut in a nesting style so that I don’t waste material when cutting them out.

29 Likes

Very nice idea. Using the nested parts always makes me feel good to not be wasting materials and time.

16 Likes

Great thinking!

11 Likes

Cool!
With a cut-through on the Horn of Africa area of the largest ones, they could go around the ear, laying tight along the head!

9 Likes

I like that!

8 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

I know it makes me feel like I accomplished something. lol

7 Likes

Like most of us here, he is a creative intellect. I think his artistic experience as a jeweler shines through there.

8 Likes

I love the waste-free aspect of the design! I’m constantly holding on to the inner cuts of earrings thinking i could fit something else on it, but i need to start doing that in the design process because my collection of small pieces of acrylic is troubling.

11 Likes

Wonderful!

5 Likes

IKR? The other day I realized if/when my laser dies, I’m going to have many pounds of scrap materials I had saved for further creative use. It made me sad because I am not likely to revert to old-school methods and use the remnants after experiencing CNC and replacing the laser on my now fixed income is questionable.

6 Likes

Love this and the lovey conversation it sparked.

1 Like

Perhaps it is an age thing that broke, repaired, and fixed becomes like running across a prairie dog town never knowing when when the ground will break through and send the mind down some scary rabbit-hole where fixed goes from repaired to rigged.

2 Likes

Already have eaten almost all of my wood storage area with laser resources. The small stacks on the end are the untouched sheets.
Some piles are indexed. Painted. Masked. Specialty. Thickness, etc. It just keeps on mating and having babies I think.

5 Likes

Many thanks!!

2 Likes