Aggie Sweetheart

A request from my brother (another one, not @timjedwards) for his wife. He’s a graphic design artist, but didn’t give me any specs other than the words, so I did my best to come up with something that can stand up to his expert taste!

28 Likes

Awesome job!

2 Likes

He’ll love it! :smile:

2 Likes

Looks great to me.

2 Likes

Love it! My keychain with a score line on it had the veneer break away because it was close to the edge, but it still looks good in my opinion, and it also took a while for it to do so.

So you also inlayed a second piece in there, and had the engraving pass through!? Incredible :grin:

2 Likes

I know! I felt so brilliant when I thought of it–I don’t know why it had never occurred to me before! :blush:

3 Likes

That is such a cool effect!

2 Likes

My keychain from the :glowforge: booth at the Bay Area Maker Faire had the same issue - the score cuts 90% of the way through so definitely creates a weak point - and the keychain has those wavy lines that go all the way around it - snapped right off

2 Likes

I wonder if lacquering it would add some strength by partially filling the score lines? I might try that before I send it to her…

1 Like

Really nice!

1 Like