Air Filter Latest

It’s different for everyone, depending on whether you Pre-ordered or not, so I can’t give you your specifics.

Go to glowforge.com, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner, click on Settings, then Purchase History. (They are using a new store-front now so it might be listed as a separate purchase.)

1 Like

Ah, indeed, I found it! You’re brilliant! Thanks for the detailed instructions on how to find the info!

2 Likes

So my delivery date for my air filter just shifted from 31Oct to 08Jan. Curious when the next update is coming as it’s been hit or miss on whether we get a monthly update, or bimonthly. I’d be intrigued with this update and also ANY update on what the status of the digital catalog since it’s been a long (1 year?) time since any update.

February 2020? We purchased the Glowforge in July of 2017. I have no words for how disappointed we are in this company. We tell everyone to look elsewhere for laser cutters, since you can’t rely on this company.

Sorry folks, he updated in the main post a few days ago. Problem at the factory.

2 Likes

I am wondering if we can sell our place in line to those who decide they want one. I still do not know if it would be better than the Blu-Dri or any but the most vague idea of what it will be, but am holding on by that thin thread only.

1 Like

While I understand your frustration with the delay, I have been waiting on my filter for over four years now, I do not think your statement is fair. Glowforge advertised and sold pre-orders for a set of products that hadn’t been designed or made yet. They were very clear on this. Once they started delivery, they have resolved every issue I have seen presented to them and have provided updates when they are able to give us accurate information. This is the nature of new products; delays happen. Glowforge has not failed to deliver on anything they have promised yet, though they have had to delay the filter and some features. They have reliably provided delivery of every ordered product that is currently in production, or have provided refunds when requested, and have replaced defective units even after the warranty period in some cases. They have proven to be reliable for me. If you don’t want to wait for the filter, cancel your order and get another brand, or request the Compact Filter. It isn’t fair to call a company unreliable just because they have yet to deliver a product you pre-ordered. If the GF units were breaking down and weren’t being repaired or replaced, or weren’t being delivered at all, your statement would be valid. As it is, they are reliably providing the products that are ready to ship and supporting those products. They are also providing information for consumers who pre-ordered to be able to make a decision on their pre-order when things change.

1 Like

The filter has been delayed three years. That’s far beyond a reasonable time frame to expect this filter. We have been unable to use our machine. A Compact Filter does not suit our needs. So no, I don’t recommend a product that we can’t use to people who ask. I advise them to look into brands that have an existing product.

I’m going to risk a whole lot-o-wrath here to make sure you’re aware of the latest developments…the Glowforge filters have been redesigned to be like the Compact Filters. It was discussed in the last update. If a Compact Filter isn’t going to work for you, then the new design might not either. Be sure to check the first post in the thread so you’re aware of what’s going on and can make the right decision regarding what you want to do about it.

1 Like

Why did you get your machine delivered if you can’t use it with the filter? Why haven’t you gotten a third party filter if you can’t use your machine? Before they shipped your GF you had the option to cancel the order or wait for the filter, or take delivery without the filter. Seems to me your not being able to use the machine is not a problem that is on GlowForge but on your planning. It was made very clear to me before I accepted delivery what was going to happen.

Again, this doesn’t sound like reliability to me. For customers who aren’t in need of a filter the GF works just fine. I still think you are being incredibly unfair.

2 Likes

What other brand do you suggest to people that have an under the unit filter like the one originally shown? I know of none. Every one I’ve seen has been a floor unit like the compact filter or much larger. I personally went with a third party air scrubber…

There’s literally no reason for you to be salty about it other than the extended wait. THAT I would be agitated about as well, but not the design as you are trying to imply. You’ll have to be a lot more specific as to why that design won’t work for you but the under the unit design would and that’s why you’ve been unable to use the unit if you want much sympathy in that arena.

Yeah, same here.

I don’t anticipate that the Jan date is going to hold either. But I don’t really need it - just have it on order so I can use it when I take the GF to demonstrate laser cutting at local makerfaires.

Same here, debating just requesting a refund since it’s not an integrated design now which was a larger desire since it looked so sleek. Now that it’s just a stand-alone, I’m not so certain it’d be worth the floor space it needs.

2 Likes

Oh I know the design changed, it’s the “compact” part that won’t work for us. We need the full sized one.

1 Like

Well, I personally didn’t make the decisions, but when the GF was shipped, the promised filter date was significantly sooner than 2/2020. People were excited to get to use it as soon as possible, and had no way of knowing we would have to wait three years.

I am confused. You have stated that you can’t use it without the filter, but your organization took delivery of the machine knowing you couldn’t use it without the filter and knowing that you would have to wait on the filter. What was the point, to have the laser sitting there unused with its warranty ticking away so it could be admired?

1 Like

Mine moved to Nov 27.

The best space I have for a floor unit is the one currently inhabited by my pancake air compressor. Trying to figure out where I’ll fit it all as well.

1 Like

I’m confused by what you mean by “full size”?
The originally advertised underneath design is not big by any means. “Compact Filter” is compact in comparison to other floorstanding filter systems.

3 Likes

Well I would expect the new floorstanding design to be bigger than one they’re calling compact. It would be nice to know what kind of filter life we’re talking about for that, but the advertised lifespan of the compact filters is not cost-efficient for our expected use. Like I said, I didn’t make the purchasing decisions, so that part is out of my hands.

It’s nice that so many of y’all are having a great experience with this, I was just saying that I was already telling everyone who asked how we like our Glowforge that they should go with a more established brand if they need filtration. And that was before it got pushed back yet again. There are costs associated with constantly missing deadlines, and customer goodwill is not infinite.

3 Likes

If you are using the Glowforge, or any complex electro-mechanical system, for your business, you need to have a backup plan in place NOW. You must expect failures and delays to resolve those failures. Your business carries the only responsibility to your customers and meeting their deadlines. Glowforge is not responsible for your business costs or commitments. To base your business needs on a product you don’t have in your hand is high folly. To run a business with only one solution to a critical need is just as bad. You can’t rely on warranty coverage or the manufacturer to resolve an issue in the timeline set by your business. There are many things that may prevent this from happening that are out of control of your business and the manufacturer, so you have to have the backup plan in place so that you can absorb those unexpected problems without losing work or customers.

3 Likes