Alas...Stuck Centering

Seems to be the same story I’ve read, worked fine yesterday and today I am stuck centering. There is no action from the laser head at all.

I searched here and saw to check the clips on the camera, left of camera, two corners and back and they were fine. I cleaned some dust off them and wiggled the back cable just a hair and was able to get it to center and get a cut done but then it reverted back to being stuck. Nothing I have tried has fixed this.

I’ve restarted, cleaned lenses, checked ribbon cable, nada. :sweat:

Damn, So Im having the exact same issue today. What cable did you wiggle? Im gonna try that too. Now my machine is telling me my lid is open when in fact it is not. So frustrated.

@michaeltamez18, that’s not the same issue. You’ll want to start your own Topic here in Problems and Support so they can give you your own ticket. They’ll need to look into it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Stuck on centering can be caused by a lot of things, from a dirty camera lens, or your Wifi provider dropping a signal while data was being transferred back and forth, to a loose connection somewhere. I think the most common cause is the Wifi signal getting dropped for a fraction of a second somewhere along the route that the data travels. The last command it was working on gets hung up. (Although dirty lenses or too much glare rank a close second.)

Try resetting the machine: Turn off the machine, your router, and the computer for a minute - then turn them back on and let them finish rebooting before turning the Glowforge back on. Let it finish the startup calibration before sending any commands or trying to run a job.

For me, waiting a little while and rebooting everything has always worked to restore operation, however if the problem is with your ISP, you might have to try it a couple of times. If that doesn’t work, then you’ll want to open a ticket. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Troubleshooting section has a little more detail on steps to try to fix Wifi issues when they happen.

Troubleshooting - Stuck Calibrating

Troubleshooting - WiFi issues

Yes I search here before posting. I’ve had the other issue where it gets stuck and you fix by moving to center etc. This doesn’t seem to be that as there is no startup sequence past the fan spin up test. The head never moves at all.

I’ve made sure all the lenses are clean and rebooted everything multiple times. I’ve also made sure the top of the head is clean. There has been no changes in light in the room.

If you’ve checked those things already, support might be able to look at the logs and see what’s going on. If there’s anything else you tried, just let them know up front so they don’t ask you to test for it again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will do, I just hope to get it resolved asap as I have orders that need filling. Also tried a complete disconnect from the outlet, still no joy.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we send you a new part. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details.