Alexa, tell Glowforge to make you a new holder

I love my Echo, it just doesn’t fit my decor. So time for a new skin, thanks Glowforge.

Fins are walnut, base and rings are maple plywood. I like the contrast in colors, I may redo the rings in black acrylic, so they match the Echo.

53 Likes

I think if I were you, I’d get those up on Amazon or Etsy or something. :slight_smile: I like that solution better than putting mine on black furniture and hoping it blends in.

5 Likes

My decor is clearly the polar opposite of yours, but I love the creativity!

3 Likes

Looks like Orthanc a la Peter Jackson.

If you look very closely in the pictures you can see Gandalf at the top waiting for an Eagle (and i guess this explains why those Eagles were so damn big!)

17 Likes

My public spaces, Living room, salon, etc, are being done in a mid-century theme. My house was built in the late 40’s. While the outside isn’t mid-century, no reason the inside can’t be. While this has a bit of Gothic feel, I still think it works. I could find someone to make the rings in brass. Hmmm.:thinking:

3 Likes

Did you ask Alexa if she wanted a new look?? Lmao. Tis awesome!!

4 Likes

Looks Fantastic! I think others would certainly be interested. I love that you have a salon, too! Folks need more salons. I wish I had one from my coming GF! The Glowforge Laser Salon has a ring to it! It would be fun to say “The Glowforge is in the Salon waiting to print”!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Pretty neat–you could vary the fin design for different styles.

1 Like

I love how the lights of the Echo reflect on the fins of the holder. Nice job!

2 Likes

I purposefully left space for the volume ring (Even though I rarely use it.). But the lighting effect is pure bonus.

3 Likes

I can make them in brass for you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ooh, nice design! I wonder how the lights would look with frosted acrylic.

2 Likes

Do you have a design for the Echo Dot? :sunglasses::glowforge:

EXACTLY my first thought when I saw this, but an etched pattern on clear acrylic .

I do. Very different though. I will upload pictures once I’m home.

Would still like to see your Dot design.

Me as well, haven’t decided if I’d like to 3d print one of laser cut it.

Sorry about the long delay. Busy life suddenly. Anyway. Here’s my Dot.

IMG_20180129_214458

As you can see, a much different approach.

19 Likes

Makes me want to buy a dot.

I’ve got 6. But none look this cool. :wink: