Alignment is off

The alignment on my glowforge basic is off by about 1/2 an inch. I am attaching a picture the actual cut vs where is was set on my glowforge app. Any suggestions?

1 Like
  1. Have you run the camera calibration routine? A half inch is a pretty big margin of error!

2. Did you use “set focus,” or else enter the correct material height? I can’t tell for sure because of the angle of the photo, but it seems a little less on the left than on the right, which indicates the focal height is off.

3. Any chance the head has gotten moved or bumped since your last print? That could also account for the large margin of error.

4 Likes

Couple of other questions:

1. How thick is that material?
  2. Is it warped?
2 Likes

Did you enter a material thickness or use the set focus tool?

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with alignment. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate and saw that you have successfully run the camera recalibrator since posting.

Could you please let me know how your alignment looks after running the recalibration?

The recalibration helped a lot, but I would say it’s still not perfect. It’s off by maybe about 1/8 inch now. But much better than before.

1 Like

I did the recalibration and it helped a lot, thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update It looks like your Glowforge is now performing to specifications. If you’d like, you can use the Camera Recalibrator again to see if further improvement is possible. It will only make changes if it can make your camera more accurate; otherwise, it will exit without any changes. It generally takes about half an hour.

If you run into any other trouble, please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!