Alignment of cut out holes in Inkscape

I am new to Glowforge, and I’m working on a sign design in Inkscape. My problem is not knowing how to space the cut out holes. I need 4 holes on the bottom of my rectangular sign like this (imagine the “O” as the hole: O…O…O…O (the spaces between 1st & 2nd - 3rd & 4th should be 7 1/2 inches, the space between 2nd & 3rd should be 1 inch)
I feel like its a simple solution that is staring me in the face, but I cannot figure it out!

1 Like

I’m going to move this over to Everything Else so the Inkscape users in the community can help you out – it’s not really an issue that needs a support ticket, which is what this section is for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im sorry…I figured that out and did post in Everything Else.

2 Likes

I don’t really like the Inkscape measuring tool, and if you need exact distances, what I normally do is make a bunch of rectangles the size of the space I need.

So say you need 7.5" inches of space between the holes, I’d make a rectangle 7.5" long, use the alignment tool to sit flush with my circle, then place the next circle. If it’s a certain distance from the bottom, I line up that first circle using the same method, then to a center align for every other hole after that off the first one once I have the distances measured out.

It works, though I haven’t discovered an easier way yet. After I’m all done, I move the rectangles or delete them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.