All Aboard! Who needs an Easter Basket when you can have an Easter Train!

Edit: I added 3 more cars to the set. Added the pictures to the post. :slight_smile:

Had an idea yesterday to make a train to hold candy instead of a basket. I also gave myself the challenge to use only 3 boards. LOL The caboose roof comes off so you can put stuff in there too!

Made from (you guessed it!) 1.8" MDF
Engine: 8.25"L x 4"H x 2.625"W
Coal (candy) Car: 5.5"L x 2.25"H x 2.25"W
Egg Car: 5.5"L x 1.5"H x 2.25"W
Caboose: 5.5"L x 4.5"H x 2.25"W

It took about an hour to cut all 4 boards, and probably 45 mins to put together. Most of it is snap-together, but there are some tiny pieces to glue. The engine has a lot of gluing up. LOL

The wheels don’t turn (although I am now working on that) and they just sit in the tracks. Makes a cute decoration. You can print as many of the Candy and Egg Cars as you want. Just keep adding to the train!

85 Likes

Wow, you have amazing design skills. Very nice!

4 Likes

Thank you! It is my outlet after a LOOOOONG week of dealing with people at work. LOL

5 Likes

you’re killing this.

5 Likes

Very cute and ingenious, as all your stuff is!

3 Likes

@shop Thanks! I feel like the more I see posts the more realize everyone is starting to kill their designs! Love to see that!

@cynd11 Aww thank you! I am just having fun!

2 Likes

Very cute! My Easter bunny wouldn’t mind making some of this…

Of course I have to tease your about this… is it 3 boards, or 4…?

3 Likes

It is 3 boards. I typed 4 by accident. 1 board for the Caboose and track, 1 Board for the Engine and track, and Both the other cars and their tracks fit on 1 board.

3 Likes

I am truly impressed, well done! :star_struck:

4 Likes

HAHA… I guess I could size it up and make it take 20 boards. LOL

2 Likes

I don’t have 20 of those boards anymore… I use them exclusively for your designs!

1 Like

Another beautiful project. You just keep getting better and better.

2 Likes

What glue do you prefer?

1 Like

@arh2 HAHA…I always have my supplier on stand-by.

@davidgal2 Thank you! That really means a lot!

@beerfaced I have found with mdf that either the Gorilla Super Glue (Blue Cap) or the Gel (Green Cap) works amazingly well. I have never had a piece come apart, in fact when I screw up I have to print a whole new one because there is no way to get them apart. LOL

4 Likes

This is so cute. I don’t normally miss having little kids (I’m kind of loving the teen years so far!), but my kids would have love this when they were little.

2 Likes

The bar is raised another notch. Love this.

2 Likes

Might be the best MoaG I have seen.

2 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Beautifully done. I am so impressed at how well you blow off steam…Sorry my husband tells corny jokes, and after 40 years, it is rubbing off on me.

3 Likes

Wow! Awesome!!! Amazing project!

3 Likes