Allergy free flowers for Valentine’s Day

Well, sometimes challenges result in the best results. Due to some recent surgery, I wasn’t able to go shopping for my wife for Valentine’s Day. She would have had to drive me ;). So I had to get creative and come up with a thoughtful gift that I wouldn’t have to leave the house to get. I thought about getting her some flowers, but the last time I did that, they actually triggered allergies for her. While she liked them, I felt bad. So I came up with these, a bouquet of flowers that could also share some special thoughts. They were a hit.

Of course she improved on my presentation.

Here is mine…

And here is her’s…

Either way, I was happy with the results. And these flowers will last a lot longer.

Materials were the 1/8 inch proof grade red oak, maple and cherry.

42 Likes

Very thoughtful gift.

2 Likes

Awesome idea! And they’ll never wilt, so extra points for you! :grinning:

3 Likes

Sweet! The gift that keeps on giving!

2 Likes

Now that’s nice

2 Likes

What a lovely idea!!! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

These are great!

1 Like

What a clever idea!

1 Like

You are a romantic.

1 Like

Looks great. Very clever.

seems to be a LOT of surgery happening around these parts.

Folks I have met my quota. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How can I have access to this file?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
This post is about something made on the Glowforge, not a free file. It is against forum rules to ask for files.

2 Likes

I can’t share the files because I didn’t make them. You can find them for sale here:

There are several sets. I should note on the set I made, I did some edits to the file to make the stems and some of the thinner parts of the letters thicker. These are very delicate, just like real flowers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I posted the link for you. They are not my files. Just something I enjoyed making for my wife on the glowforge.