Always & Forever Sign

I’ve been coming to this site for a handful of years but this is actually my first post sharing a design. It’s pretty intimidating, considering the incredible works of art you all have shared!

I designed this sign for a family friend who is the mother of triplets (yikes!). Her kids are attending college in three different states. The little painted hearts are attached right at the spots where each of the colleges is located.

The background is solid walnut and the raised lettering, states and hearts are all maple. I used eyelets to attach the states to the sign and ran some clear fishing line through eyelets in the top for hanging.

Suffice it to say, she absolutely loved this gift!

38 Likes

Very cute idea!

8 Likes

That turned out great!

7 Likes

The quality of that work starts with the solid Black Walnut board. :ok_hand::kissing_heart:
Very nice mix of materials.

5 Likes

Wonderful job!

4 Likes

Looks great

4 Likes

What a thoughtful design. I love it!

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m something of a wood geek and walnut (and maple) are very often my go to choices. The rich coloring and grain flow of the walnut is very attractive, especially when finished with a few light coats of polyurethane to make it pop.

6 Likes

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!!

7 Likes

That’s adorable! Triplets in college…wow.

You should definitely share more of your stuff! There is amazing stuff on here, yes - but there is lots of practical, or simple, or not-quite-perfect stuff too!! I drool over the gorgeous stuff, but most of what I make (and therefore post about) is not at that level :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes, I think wood grain is some of nature’s finest art.

6 Likes

Not surprised at all that your friend loved it, it turned out great! Please be sure to share more of your work. We all enjoy seeing what everyone creates.

5 Likes

Great execution! Very nice!

4 Likes

loving it

Lovely idea

1 Like

Such a unique and apt sign! Beautifully done.