Amiibo holders

I am a baby user to glowforge but have been trying hard to create stuff for my daughter’s room. She has an animal crossing themed room. We needed a place to hold her Amiibos so I created these two holders for her. I am also trying to create new items for my Etsy shop, which I just opened.

36 Likes

Welcome to the community!!

I love this! I need to do something like this with the Amibos my kids have!

3 Likes

Nice work! I’m looking forward to seeing what you create in the future if this is your starting point. Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

Thank you for the welcomes! I forgot to show what it looks like on the wall!
wall view 2|375x500

4 Likes

Nice job!! One of my sons has a lot of Amiibo and I suggested a shelf and he was like nahhh — going to show him this post and see if it inspires him to come up with a themed shelf…this is fun!

2 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to try making a larger one that would hold multiple ones but I am not sure my machine can really make a bigger version to fit the figures like I want them. I don’t have the machine with the pass through slot. I am excited to see if it will inspire him and what you come up with!

2 Likes

I’d suggest going to Mark’s page as he has a video or two or three that might give you some ideas. Look at his shiplap (spelling?) board as he shows how to make a large round sign without a pass through. He is really helpful with things like that as he has helped me a few times.

https://bigbluelaserdesigns.com/

If you make something bigger that will hold more…please let me know as I don’t want to miss it. My son has all his amiibos and I have all these Pop Funko sitting all over of Spider-Man, Doctor Who and Gilmore Girls…and a few others…really would like to come up with some clever shelving.

4 Likes

Thank you for his page. It looks like he has a lot of information on there. I know what I will be doing tomorrow. I will post if I make something bigger. My plan is to still give it a try. Funny that you mention the Pops. My next plan was to build a larger version of my box to accommodate the Pops. I’ll post it when I finish the design.

1 Like

I have had something stewing in my head for awhile to make with some specific pops but I haven’t quite come up with the final design…I started in one direction and have gone enough in another direction that I already bought the acrylic for it but still not quite there yet… man I wish we ALL were in a makerspace together…can you imagine all the fun we would have…course we may not ever go home…

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel! That would be awesome!

1 Like