Amps/voltage

I know this is a far fetched question but do we have any one who’s got a old house like me that’s got a old screw fuse panel and am trying to find out if it’s safe to hook up my Machine that I’ve had since last year and I’m ready to get it up and rolling !!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::weary::triumph:

I don’t see any reason why you can’t use it. I assume you use all your other appliances with no problem?

800W peak power consumption, which is 6.6 amps at 120V.

That’s half of what a $20 space heater draws. Typical power consumption while running is a few hundred watts, similar to a desktop computer.

4 Likes

15 amp fuse

Is there a reason you’re concerned about putting a 6.6 amp appliance on a 15 amp circuit?

No I just have a old house and I just was scared abt messing up my brand new Machine

Unless you have a toaster AND a hair dryer running at the same time you’re using the Glowforge I’d say you’ll be fine. (You shouldn’t be eating breakfast and drying your hair while you’re using the laser anyway…!)

(Barring some weird coincidence, the worst that could happen is you’ll pop one of those fuses and maybe waste a sheet of material.)

2 Likes