An interesting oversight

Set up my file to engrave 5 more key chain tags and like a ditz, forgot to coat them with LaserBond first. I realized my oversight a short time in and stopped the print.

For a machine that’s not supposed to be capable of engraving or marking stainless steel without some assistance like Cermark or LaserBond, this came out looking pretty darned good. Granted…not black, but still good.

Surprised me…

23 Likes

Yeah…looks pretty much the same to me. :smile:
(I like the fishie design too.)

3 Likes

Pretty close…

14 Likes

Dang! It’s almost close enough that you could save some serious bucks!

3 Likes

Cool! I like the fish, and would put the other on the Laundry storage door, :smirk:

5 Likes

very nice.

ok, now i need to know… where did you get those keychain tags? cuz i’d love to engrave a few w/o having to mess w/moly or ceramark.

3 Likes

There are many different styles of them…got them on Etsy. Very heavy duty stainless.

6 Likes

Wow! Must have an unmentioned finish on it.

2 Likes

I I appreciate the ideas, but I don’t use Tide, don’t have a laundry room door, and these are for an event I help orchestrate with my brother over at the coast coming up in July. :wink: :grinning: I’m thinking my son-in-law will find use for these flawed ones to tag some pieces of farm equipment.

2 Likes

They don’t appear to have any finish on them…but I’m no scientist/chemist, so have no idea.

2 Likes

Nice keychains! Thanks for the source.

1 Like

Hi, nice job, what settings did you have? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, nice job, what settings did you use? Thanks

Goes with the St. Bernard?