An un-birthday gift

I have a good friend who never cares at all about celebrating her birthday. This year, she told her husband that she’d like to go out to dinner and they invited us along. I decided that I needed to make a remembrance for her anyway…it can be an un-birthday gift.

Was going through my leather scraps and decided to make her a pair of earrings. This pair were the first ones hot off the GF…to see if my design would work…and I’m keeping these for myself. (there’s a bit of gold rub n’ buff on them, which is OK, but not that great)

My friend Pat’s favorite color is red, so these are for her;

And, all the rest are products of my obsession…

These last two have pieces of cloth sandwiched inside.

42 Likes

Those are great! I am sure she loved the un-gift gift! I love how the ring hangs through the top to catch the lower pieces. Very catchy! (yep, pun intended. heehee!)

8 Likes

Delightful! (Did you sing the “Very Merry Unbirthday” song to her?) :wink:

13 Likes

Why, then today is my un-birthday too!

11 Likes

These are great earrings! Using colored hardware adds to their appeal, and the backing cards set them off really well.

7 Likes

Happy UnBirthday!

4 Likes

Love the red-on-red, and the blue peacock eyes.

5 Likes

Haven’t gone with them, yet…not until the 15th. :smile:

4 Likes

I was going to ask the same thing!

Let’s all congratulate me with a present, I agree…

8 Likes

Dang! My timing is always just slightly off. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

These are really pretty! I love the different colors on this leather. Great job!!

5 Likes

Nice earrings! That blue is nice! Love the idea of an unbirthday!

4 Likes

Nice! I’m assuming you made the stamps for the center designs as well—came out great.

5 Likes

Those are great!

4 Likes

No…actually I didn’t. It’s a small set of metal stamps …of several different Native American symbols. Haven’t had that much ambition lately. :smile:

2 Likes

Loved how you used the rings as part of the leather design.

4 Likes

Looks great, nice use of scrap material.

3 Likes

Love that you just rolled on with the variations. Pretty!

3 Likes

That is such a unique way to hang the leather on the large jumpring. Really makes them stand out with that unusual design element!

2 Likes

I’ve been working on some myself. Got a ‘cheap’ box of scrap leather - don’t know if it was dyes,finishes,types of leather,…but OMG the stench was awful!

3 Likes