An upgrade to my Gloomhaven upgrade

Oh gotcha, I wasn’t sure if you had to pull out a single card at a time or something.

2 Likes

I love all things organizational, and think this is exceptional with the beauty of the boxes.

3 Likes

I looked on Amazon, there is a $30 ish game and a $140 ish game… which one were you referring to as a starter set? I like good respectable games.

1 Like

The full game is the $140 one. The other is “Jaws of the lion” is a simpler, smaller version, I think. I don’t have it, so I don’t really know.
The full game one is massive and has a fairly long set up and tear down time.
Have you looked on YouTube for some actual gameplay videos? like Gloomhaven - How To Play - Start Here! - YouTube

2 Likes

Right, Jaws of the Lion is a simplified version of the full Gloomhaven game.

The full game weighs 22 lbs, contains over 1000 cards, 200 tokens, 150+ terrain pieces, sealed envelopes, a town records booklet, sticker sheets, 18 character sets (each with their own miniature, character pad, and ability cards), a rule book, a scenario book, etc. It is massive and a big time commitment, but challenging and engaging and a lot of fun.

1 Like

Thanks! Organizers, board games, and crafting are some of my biggest obsessions, so a project that rests neatly at the intersection of all three is a huge endorphin rush. :laughing:

2 Likes

These are beautiful!

1 Like

I just used my uni posca pens to quickly paint four sets of toddler puzzles (fruits). Much faster and easier to stay within the lines than a paint brush. Also much less strain on my aging eyes and patience. Whoever on this or some other thread on this forum mentioned uni posca has really helped me out.

2 Likes

This is how I found your Etsy site. I plan on using these ideas on lots of stuff. Uni Posca is also a huge time and frustration saver for me.

2 Likes

I love posca markers for tiny stuff. It’s the only way I can get those tiny details. I also have a pair of computer glasses which I’m hoping will also work well for painting small items.

1 Like

I have no idea what Gloomhaven is, but I love the boxes!

3 Likes

I tried using some brushes which I’d trimmed to a slanted edge on some of my pieces. I can do it but my eyes and mind rebel after about an hour of that. With the posca pens I was able to finish the four sets without crossing my eyes or watching the paint brush swerve outside the lines. They’re a real life saver.

I have used full frame readers for close up work, but as I got older the magnification I needed basically reached the limit of the non-Rx readers. Now, if I really need to see small details I put on my jewelers’ flip-down magnifiers over my glasses! Works good on getting small splinters out too!

3 Likes

The guy who helps pick out frames etc at my eye dr’s office has been mentioning the possibility of getting a separate pair of glasses for computer use for a year or two. I didn’t before because my glasses are more expensive now already. But given the amount of time I’m spending on the computer and doing GF work now I decided I better. I also got a cheap adjustable foldable desk lamp that works really well, so I can sit in the living room and work on assembling and painting if I want to (if the dog doesn’t get all wild and mess me up lol).

5 Likes