And yet another acrylic sign

This is for my older son…can’t market it since the character image not mine, even though I drew it from the small Pokemon card and changed it by putting in shadows that were not there…:wink:

I used a combination of raster etching and vector etching (the shading)

39 Likes

Very cute! (Or scary, as the case may be!) :relaxed:

1 Like

This is the inspiration. Gengar. Third evolution of Ghastly.

2 Likes

Like yours better! :smile:

Larger pupils. Different orientation on the teeth that makes it more aesthetically pleasing.

5 Likes

Its soo cool!! the design :grinning: and that you know that is the third evolution of Ghastly :wink:

1 Like

Dude I’m half way to level 25 on Pokemon Go…lol
My 22 year old was big into Pokemon as well as my 12 year old…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
We still play Pokemon on the N64

2 Likes

My parents, even my sister (not a pokemon fan) still thinks all of them are Pikachu :sweat_smile:

So that and the way you show everything you do to those noobs in laser (like me) makes you cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yours looks WAY better than theirs :grinning:
This is something that I am very interested in doing when I get my Glowforge. I am guessing that the base is one of the menu lights that you told us about a while ago. I bought some to be ready for when I can make some acrylic signs. How did you get the teeth to be so white?

1 Like

Its the same as the outline engrave on the eyes but the camera just picked it up as a solid color so it washed out as white…

1 Like

When you make the parallel lines in the eyes, do you have to draw them separately or is there a way that corel draw can do it for you. I am just starting to learn corel draw, so any tips are very appreciated.

For the eyes I used contour. For the other lines as in the Shadows on the arms I used blend. There was quite a bit of tweaking involved LOL

4 Likes

Hahaha! My mom calls Pikachu the yellow hamster thing. Just the other day she goes “Oh that yellow hamster is popular again!” Lol

8 Likes

All the fine lines are just way cool looking.

2 Likes

The shading is an interesting technique!
Adds a lot. Didn’t occur to me that was possible.

2 Likes

Sooo cool! Much talent!

1 Like

Well, now you know…lol :smile:

1 Like