Animal tile engraving

I finally got around to trying tile engraving and I am hooked. I can’t believe how cool this looks!

Anybody try framing tile? It seems this could make for some really cool hanging artwork.

38 Likes

Both are great but i love that first one!!

3 Likes

So, a quick search yields:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=tile%20frame

4 Likes

Love them! What did you use to color the first one?

1 Like

I just used some permanent markers I have laying around.

The dog is amazing; looks like a watercolor.

2 Likes

Here was my quick attempt messing around one day. Never hung it up but it certainly could be done!

Photo is a little off center but you get the idea.

3 Likes

Do you care to share what setting you used?

I’ve been using speed of 600, full power, 450 LPI. Here is another one I did today - my kids had a blast coloring it!

6 Likes

Beautiful colors. Bet that took a while to color. :laughing:

1 Like

I love your work! I did want to ask you what setting you use on your GF to make these? Is there a material that you use in the settings or do you click on the unknown material? If so, what settings do you type in? I tried to score one of the tiles and the machine would move but no lasering was going on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve been using speed of 600, full power, 450 LPI. I keep it on unknown material.

1 Like

Now my kids are treating my glowforge as though it’s a coloring book manufacturing machine

6 Likes

Wow! The kids did a great job! (oh, and so did you :joy:)

2 Likes

So you are not doing the Norton method correct ? When you use the permanent marker do you have to be careful when coloring in the lines ? Does it stain the tile ?

The Norton white tile method will only give you shades of grey.

1 Like