Anna Akana "Ghost and Stars" artwork inspired acrylic earrings

Earrings inspired by, made for and given to someone I admire greatly “Anna Akana”. Her youtube videos have helped me through some tough times but also from a creative standpoint I find her very inspiring.

These are based on her artwork found on her website for her clothing line “Ghost and Stars”.

Again this one I could only find a low resolution image and could not simply trace in Adobe Illustrator and had to do from almost scratch and make some changes to make it a suitable laser design while trying to maintain the same look as the drawing. Overall very happy with the end result.

Original artwork included for reference.

31 Likes

Really nice. Was it time consuming to line up all the balloons?

2 Likes

I like your version better! The balloons are so colorful.

2 Likes

Very cute. The colors really Pop!

2 Likes

Aww, that is the cutest thing ever.

2 Likes

Sooooooo adorable!

1 Like

Nicely done! I’d suggest making some with pin backs–not everyone likes big earrings, but cute pins can appeal to a lot more folks!

1 Like

I bought pin backs as well and wanted to do this design and a few of the other large designs as pins to give to her as well but I ran out of time and only got to make the earrings.

1 Like

Lining them up and gluing them was fairly easy. I had made a “engrave” into the white acrylic backing so I just inserted them in to the engrave. Made it tight enough most of them actually kind of click into the engraved area but still glued them just to be safe.

2 Likes

Super fun and super adorable!

1 Like

Love those! So creative!

2 Likes