Anniversary Wine Box

So giving credit where credit is due, I came across this useful article on instructables.com about laser-cut box generators.

Here I downloaded a Inkscape tabbed box maker plugin that was originally developed by Elliot White and heavily modified by Paul Hutchison.
NOTE: I am not vouching for the plugin but just explaining what I used. Download at your own risk!

Also, the wine box itself was not an original design but was inspired by Artificer Woodworks anniversary wine box collections and others. But then again, is anything ever original or just a modification or combination of two or more existing things.

1 Like

Those boxes are beautiful. Great job.

We need to start a power/speed topic where we can post for different materials.

1 Like

I agree and was thinking that as well. Maybe a topic for another conversation. I thought about just saving the sticker on the proofgrade materials so I can toss it in the machine when I’m using scrap or like materials. But why save it when you can recreate a durable wood engraving of the proofgrade 2d barcode!!! … That will have to be a future project.

Then I thought it would be neat to create an open forum where people could create 2d barcodes that the glowforge software would recognize.

Based on the user input, the custom 2d barcode would automatically remember your “user preferences” for your specific material, instead of having a little black book lying around.

Maybe an easier function would be for the glowforge software to have a function to “remember” user defined input for select materials. Then allow that info to be shared with other members with the caveat of it being a community defined setting and not a glowforge approved setting.

Great ideas Travis

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE this!!! Adding to my very long to do list!! Thanks for sharing! I only have about 3 months left to wait for mine! x

1 Like

looks great. are you willing to share your template? I am looking for a single wine box template. I bought a wine box online, but would like to make them at home.

It is against forum guidelines to request peoples designs.

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

2 Likes

Turned out great. Engraving looks nice!

lol thank you.

WOW! I really love your design!! That’s a really nice box for presentation. I want to give some wine for Christmas now. I just need your skills. :slight_smile:

Nice work