Annoying Laundry Icons (w/ free SVG)

Always funny watching people from countries that drive on the right trying to cross a street and looking the wrong way for traffic.

4 Likes

How long ago was that? Maybe the technology has improved? I can see the drawback to having it do both though. Usually you have one load drying (or hanging out to dry :slight_smile: ) while another load is washing. So if you have more than one load, yeah, the time element wouldn’t be worth it.

2 Likes

I’ve wondered what those zigzags meant. We see them on Escape to the Country all the time. Now I know and can tell my husband.

@beerfaced - what’s worse is working at a gold mine. You drive on the left while on site, and it’s hard to remember to switch to driving on the right when you leave the parking lot. It’s caused quite a few accidents. I know I made a little tag to hang in my vehicle that said “Drive on the right!” just to remind me. I never knew why the mine didn’t put up a sign at the exit to the parking lot that said “Right hand driving from here on.”

4 Likes

Oh wow. Was that in the USA? That would be dangerous.

3 Likes

Yep. One of the world’s largest gold mines is in Nevada. At the time it was called Newmont Gold Company, and was right next to another large gold mine called Barrick Goldstrike. They have now joined and are one company. It’s 6 miles north of Carlin, where we lived for 9 years, and which is halfway between Reno and Salt Lake City on Interstate 80. Nevada has numerous gold mines.

You drive on the left on site because of the haulpacks. The haulpacks at Newmont had a bucket load of 250 tons, so they were very, very large. Drivers couldn’t see if they were on the right. And, of course, they had right-of-way at all times. A haulpack could run over a pickup and not even feel it. And that has happened at least a couple times, once when I worked there. Crushed it so flat they couldn’t even extract the person in the pickup. Mines are a dangerous place to work. But I loved working there. Maybe because I was in the Environmental Department and worked out away from everyone in the countryside reseeding reclaimed areas (except when driving to where I needed to go).

7 Likes

Boston has flashing greens for left turns, or at least they did the last time I was there…20 years ago :-/

North Carolina and Indiana both have protected left turn lanes, where the cars making a right on red have right of way over those making lefts with a green arrow. Make it make sense?

5 Likes

Thank you thank you :pray:
I love this secret decoder key for laundry!

3 Likes

Super useful! I like it :+1:

never even knew these. my daughter just showed my wife and I a canvas that she got showing all of them. no idea this was a thing.

3 Likes

I love this, however, I have about 4 processes for laundry now and that’s it. 1) bedding 2) towels 3) all clothes washed together with color catcher sheet and throw everything in dryer 4) or take some of the clothes from 3 out and hang them to dry. lol
Anything beyond that, just don’t have time for. lol

2 Likes