Another Anniversary

Just a simple little reverse inlay she will find leaning against her coffee cup. A single rose will accompany it. “You & I” just didn’t have the same ring to it…

the glowforge gods smiled on me, because I couldn’t see that stain problem on the 2 through the mask - got lucky it was on the back! Tight enough that I had to hammer the numbers in.

53 Likes

I see a BIG ol’ kiss coming your way! :kissing_heart: :smile:

11 Likes

Congratulations! Very nice gift.

6 Likes

Thank you, it beats a Hallmark. I wondered how to orient the woodgrain of the pieces, and decided to skew the Walnut. I liked it better than vertical or horizontal.

9 Likes

I do too. And I never thought of orienting it that way, but it’s much nicer!

7 Likes

Major brownie points and beautiful work.

6 Likes

I like the way you did that. Well done.

6 Likes

Congratulations on 42 years! She will love it!

6 Likes

Congrats! Looks great, and so thoughtful! You’re right; way better than a Hallmark card! :wink:

2 Likes

Fantastic… and congratulations.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Nothing better than a custom made greeting. Happy anniversary!

4 Likes

Larger or small, making a gift is so much more special than buying something. I love the simplicity of it, no need to go crazy because you can.

5 Likes

Yeah, even though there was plenty of area to embellish with engraving, clean and simple appealed to me.
Just a little something from scrap material can mean a lot!

2 Likes

That’s quite an achievement. Congratulations on the marriage and well done on the artwork.

3 Likes

Thank you. The ability to do little things like this is exactly why I bought the glowforge, so rewarding to iterate an idea so easily!

Regarding the marriage, most of the credit goes to her astounding ability to put up with me.

3 Likes

Haha. I hear you.

3 Likes

You’ve made it to the answer of life, the universe, and everything! Congrats!

5 Likes

If she were a fan of Hitchhiker’s guide I would have found some way to incorporate that! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wonderful! This wife gives you two thumbs up.

2 Likes