Another bi fold wallet

Hello!

This is my second bi fold wallet. I learned some new masking techniques and used feibeings leather dye to paint on the leather.

I was originally going to use this design that I made on procreate to make a bag but that would have been a lot of leather to mess up on so I made this wallet first.

Thanks for looking!
-Justin

66 Likes

That looks really cool. I played an octopus in a community theater musical once.

33 Likes

Love the color blending

7 Likes

I think you are ready for the jump from wallets to bags. The color techniques you are employing are top notch.

11 Likes

Can you go into your color techniques a bit more? How’d you get the “starfield” effect inside the octopus? Did you have any problems with colors bleeding? Can you post a screenshot of the original octopus art, I’m curious what you actually engraved.

8 Likes

Sure!

This is what I engraved. I drew this on the ipad and then made a vector out of it in illustrator.

I masked the leather before I put it into the machine and then removed each section of the masking as I painted it.

I started by dying the skin of the octopus yellow with feibings alcohol leather dye. I then diluted some red and then darkened another bit of red. I used a sponge with some of the dye and started to sponge it on based on the drawing I had done that had been colored.

Then I took off the masking in steps and painted the rest. For the star field I used feibings acrylic dye with a tiny brush and tapped it all over in different pressures to make the stars.

I wanted to add bubbles to the blue background, but I didn’t do them clean enough for my liking so I didn’t do it.

28 Likes

Hey thanks for writing that up, that’s really cool. Also major props for your original art. Well done all around, just a solid project. I bet the look on people’s faces when they first see it is really rewarding.

11 Likes

This is amazing! Wonderful job!

4 Likes

Gorgeous! Your designs and your color work are fabulous. Time for bigger and better!

6 Likes

This is creepy! :rofl:

2 Likes

7 Likes

And it only got creepier. haha

7 Likes

some how lol

3 Likes

I like the colors on these

3 Likes

Beautiful drawing! Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Love this

1 Like

The colors are phenomenal. Beautiful work!

1 Like

Wow! You nailed this!

1 Like

Wow that really came out great. Spectacular job.

1 Like

That is beautiful- the artwork and color are top notch! I hope you’ll make the bag now since this turned out so well.

1 Like