Another Car Tag / Vanity Plate (Mirrored)

I have been making a few of these the past week or two, but this one ordered he wanted a bit different, i like the results! (Mirrored acrylic with blue acrylic lettering)

(at least the bugs will get a good look at themselves as they meet it close up ;))

24 Likes

Looks great. I hope it is for a dealer or show car that only ever gets pushed where it is going, otherwise if it is driven you’ll wind up with a stream of orders for replacements. Unless mirrored acrylic is a lot more robust than I suspect it is.

2 Likes

No, its for a guys work truck. I told him I thought it would get chipped and dirty easily, but this is what he wanted. But I have made several with mirrored acrylic numbers instead of lettering and they are doing great so far.

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear they are holding up. Maybe you’ll get lucky and every year when he sends the state a check for new tabs, you’ll get an order for a new plate.

4 Likes

Haha, a recurring set of orders…sign me up.

2 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Really nice work! Did you inlay the blue or just eyeball it?

1 Like

No inlay, the tag is mirrored acrylic and the letters are just cut from blue acrylic. They are joined together with this adhesive.

4 Likes