Another delay!

We had a roughly equal number of dates move in and out.

We definitely could have delivered a single estimate and not adjusted it when we found new information, but customers have asked us for the most accurate information, updated regularly. That’s what we’re doing; perhaps you’re right and that’s not what we should have done.

15 Likes

Moved from October 30th to November 27th… :roll_eyes:

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it? Chuckle! :smile:
(It was a generous thing to do, even if it is backfiring just a bit.)

6 Likes

Damned if ya do and…

Still, I applaud you guys for listening to customer concerns and making an effort to respond.

8 Likes

I much rather have an updated date than an single estimate, so you did the right thing. but that’s just me :blush:

6 Likes

At this point, best guesstimate updated as often as possible makes me the most comfortable. But you’re not going to please everyone.

6 Likes

He was never going to please everyone from the outset, no matter what he did.

2 Likes

Mine went from Jan. 26th to Feb. 6th. I was in the 30 day campaign, too.

Time to start treating the date like I treat my 401k and stop looking at it, we got bumped back.

Not helping my mood.

2 Likes

November 30 to December 18. Ugh. This is getting difficult.

1 Like

Good analogy.

What was your purchase date?

10/19 - pro

I was 10/19 as well, but a basic.

Yeah, it seems the pros have been making some ground on the head start the basics got.

1 Like

Good theory, but not true in all cases, we’re pro and got pushed back.

Naturally the people grumbling in the forum are those being pushed back, myself included. That might explain why there are far fewer people (to my knowledge, zero) saying that their dates were improved, but that’s cold comfort when we are all collectively getting tired of missed dates.

And while I understand that glowforge’s predictions were always provisional and might be adjusted, I feel that I should not have had to find out about yet another missed date by actively looking in the forum.

It’s probably a bit too late to suggest, but it seems to me that any change to the projected timeline, positive or negative, should come with an email to the client. I’m disappointed on a few levels here. Everyone at glowforge should know by now that the perceived lack of communication is a sore point with your customers, this feels like a huge misstep.

Now I’ll have to accept that I most likely won’t see my machine until 2018. I’ll try not to let it fester but it’s harder and harder after so many letdowns.

3 Likes

Mine went from November 9th to the 21st. I feel like that is the difference between Christmas crafts and none. For another Christmas. Disappointing.

True, but from what I’ve seen from those who have gotten their units, 6 weeks is the extreme outside estimate. Most had their units at their door within 14 days of getting the email at most that I’ve seen.

1 Like

still on 02-02