Another game box

Thanks to @Jules and @evansd2 for the help with the lid on this box! I wish I had taken Jules’ suggestion to score outside the letters, but I’m still pretty happy with how it came out.

It holds two games that were formerly in much bigger boxes. The complicated pattern on the top took 1.5 hours (mostly scoring all the background detail), and the rules on the inside of the lid had to be done in three passes because of all the detail, each pass taking 10-15 minutes. The base and interior dividers are made of draft board, and the top is maple plywood (all Proofgrade).

23 Likes

(I still can only post one image per post - so annoying!)

9 Likes

15 Likes

I think it turned out great! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually the second box I printed, because I got confused between interior dimensions and exterior dimensions and made the first one 1/4" too narrow to fit the boards. :astonished::upside_down_face: I only made the top once, though.

I think I need to make myself a “Measure once; cut twic” sign like the one my husband put up in his shop. Nothing ever seems to be perfect the first time I press the big glowy button.

4 Likes

That’s normal. :smile:

2 Likes

Why, I don’t know what you’re talking about. All my stuff is perfect the first time.

3 Likes

Would you like to pull the other one now? I’d hate to walk imbalanced. :laughing:

5 Likes

There is a little bit of a learning curve. Then you come around the other side, and stuff starts coming out really nice first time consistently, because you’ve done that a number of times before. On your way to becoming an expert.

1 Like

I need one too! Funniest quote I had seen in a long time. Great work on the game box and love the fact you put the instructions on the lid.

Outstanding! I’ve not seen the rules done like this before. Nice job!