Another monument... CN Tower in Toronto

Another requested model, the CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This model stands just over 10 1/2" tall and is made from Proofgrade Maple Plywood. The tower section between the observation and space decks is made from a No.2 Dixon Ticonderoga pencil, part of one anyway, and the spire is a 2mm round toothpick. :slight_smile:

Settings are proof grade cut, draft score, HD graphic engrave for the title badge, and SD graphic engrave for the architectural information.

I hope you,like it, enjoy! :slight_smile:

49 Likes

Nice work! That is neat piece and sure to spur lots of conversation!

5 Likes

Keep ‘em comin’. I’ve gotten to where I find myself waiting for your next creation.

4 Likes

Awesome! I wish I knew how to create something like that. I miss home which is Ontario.
you should think about selling the file, as I would purchase to print the model for myself!

2 Likes

Nice work @yoyodyne2112. :sunglasses:

You are a lot closer to that ability than you might think. It all seems so foreign at first, but as you work in your design software your understanding and ability come very quickly!

3 Likes

You really make so many outstanding designs! And I’m amazed at how quickly you design them and crank them out too.

3 Likes

WOW! @dan, you need to commission the Seattle Space Needle. It’s just begging to be made.

@yoyodyne2112, I just noticed the sharks on the roof of a building; is that for real? (knowing your work, yes, it probably is)

3 Likes

I do sell the files, message me if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is incredible!!

2 Likes

The sharks are in the pics that I referenced. In real life they’re heavily pixelated, like an old 8bit video game.

The Seattle Space Needle has already been requested by my wife and son, and will be done after I finish two other commissions received last week.

6 Likes

That is awesome! All of these are so cool!

3 Likes

8 Likes

Ii don’t even know what design software to choose, Adobe Illustrator was not friendly to me so I cancelled it after the trial period.

1 Like

I tried Inkscape because it is free and powerful. Illustrator is the professional choice for many, and I acquired an older copy to learn but Inkscape is my go-to. Mainly because I already knew the fundamentals of Inkscape.

Anytime I don’t understand the use of a tool or process, a YouTube search will turn up a video tutorial on it. I predict you will be surprised how quickly you learn it! The community members here are very helpful, they got me over the hump - which in the rearview mirror wasn’t as big an obstacle as my ignorance made it out to be. “The door is unlocked, you just have to put your shoulder to it.” :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Many professionals with access to Illustrator choose Inkscape as well.

Neither is “better”, some people just prefer the interface.

For the laser, there are less complex tools like Corel and Affinity Designer that many people use as well. You don’t need all the features of a pro design app to design for the laser.

2 Likes

This is great!!! I would love to see you do Tokyo Tower next. HAHAHA!

2 Likes

Love it! I am really enjoying your posts!

1 Like

There is also such a tower in Auckland, NZ. One could make a thing of just the towers,

The Sydney Opera House would be a real challenge!

1 Like