Another new material for me

That’s funny. I do the same thing but against the left side.

Are you right handed? (I’m left handed.)

6 Likes

right handed, of course. Funny how that works!

4 Likes

Hey @jules, @marmak3261 and @jamesdhatch, do we have a summary of these techniques in Glowforge Tips and Tricks? That’s the first place I’d look, or send someone who is looking, for help on this subject.

3 Likes

Yup!
There’s an overview on how to do a double sided engrave. :grinning:
(Which includes creating the jig.)

5 Likes

I haven’t done a tutorial type for tips and tricks. Just Made on a Glowforge for the pencil thing. Dang. I really should do something like this and a video. Just lazy.

@takitus has one.

4 Likes

I am surprised many times about how one process runs into or over another…and I think I don’t know something or don’t remember it being mentioned, then find out that it’s been covered a bazillion times by several people. And, believe me…I DO use the search feature. Many thanks to you all who have rehashed the same stuff over and over for me.

2 Likes

There’s really only about four or five processes. Everything is just a combination of one or more.

(And you’ll get used to it pretty quickly once you stop running away to reunions.) :wink:

4 Likes

Oh no, we have at least one more big improvement in the hopper. Great work @Xabbess!

18 Likes

It finally happened…I had a dream about this particular subject last night. Very happy to awaken and find out that the solution is at hand anytime I want to use it. Felt like my brain was on Glowforge overdrive. Whew! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey, that’s great! New materials are so much fun! I just tried aluminum a week ago. It was so damn cool I bought more. Not that I have a use at the moment. :wink:

My next new material test is laser foil. Got a roll last week but haven’t had a chance to play with it yet.

1 Like

Me too! I bought some anodized aluminum cuff bracelet blanks. Can’t wait to try them out.

2 Likes