Another Periodic Table

Nice! Seeing this and your purse project, I can say you are very talented.
I can’t imagine getting an even color like that with a sharpie.

Where did you source all the different colors of acrylic?

Up a ways, ppipa1 commented that it is frosted acrylic colored with a Sharpie. The fills are an alcoholic ink applied before the masking was peeled off.

2 Likes

I totally missed the frosted part. Thought ppipa1 was referring to the lettering only. Thanks for the response.

2 Likes

Neat puzzle. You’re very generous posting the svg files.

4 Likes

First: That’s totally amazing.

Second: I need to do something like that for a computer keyboard. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great first project! :grinning:

You are very talented and SOOOO very kind for sharing.

That. is. Magnificent. Thank you so much for posting the file!

That’s a great teaching tool and puzzle

1 Like

Wowzer! This is one of the best designs. Thanks so much for sharing this. Really cool. Amazing that you didn’t have to use different colored acrylic. Looks great.

1 Like

Very impressive. I am totally going to use that coloring technique on a project I am working on. Thanks

1 Like

That really is germanium nickel uranium sulfer !!!

4 Likes

Wow, this is the highlight of the month! Really, really impressive, and so generous of you to share the files. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Believe me!! I’ve depended heavily on shared files. Between two FFF printers, a form 2 and now a glowforge it’s about time I give back to the community! Happy to give whatever I can and grateful to all out there who do likewise. We really are an amazing community I must say! Thanks to y’all!!

7 Likes

I must make one!!! (My GF is on a UPS truck and should be at my door in a few hours…and I will be thinking of this project…PERIODICALLY)

6 Likes

Thanks so much for this! My son is required to memorize some of this in chemistry class this semester. I think he’ll have fun making this and learn at the same time.

1 Like

Beautiful job.

FYI, elements 113, 115, 117 and 118 have been named. Their symbols are Nh, Mc, Ts and Og respectively.

5 Likes

Good to know! Thanks. I should have checked on that before rushing into this one!

1 Like

Very Very Cool! Thank you for sharing. This is really neat! I will be making one. Where do you get frosted Acrylic from?