Another rotary idea

I have heard that as well.

I have two pairs of L.E.P., and my GFPro will be installed in a room with no windows, concrete floors, cement walls, and a commercial fire-suppression system… and still I have absolutely no plans to be working with the door open, nor with hard drive platters.

Risks aside, I can’t see having the door open as being anything other than a massive air leak. Does the ventilation even work with door open? I’m not the one who will attempt to determine that!

2 Likes

It will certainly keep running (since it doesn’t know the door is open), but the airflow pattern will likely be all messed up. And it will probably fill your room with fumes, too!

It must - the Pro is designed to have the pass-thru doors open.

Or were you thinking of the lid?

I was thinking about the front “garage door”, not the pass-through slot itself.
The pass-through slot does not have a door, it is covered by a flap of some sort.

1 Like

You could sync the rotation by advancing the rotation 1 step (with a stepper motor drive) for every “left to right” head excursion.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat. I ordered the basic with the filter, but will have to vent out the garage door until the filter arrives. I guess I will have to stick the hose under the door. Not sure how this will work. :smile:

1 Like

if you have a sectional/roll-up then it won’t be too hard to figure out a vent section that you could put on the floor. It could be as simple as a 2x6 with dryer fitting, or it could be framed, insulated, skinned, fold in half or in thirds for storage…
Not sure how I would go about doing it with 1-piece tilt-up door, or with barn-doors.

4 Likes