Another tip from facebook

Someone posted this stuff that you can apparently find at Dollar Tree. LA’s Totally Awesome Cleaner

They also had a video of it cleaning smoke stains from MDF with almost no effort at all. Worth a shot if you have some materials that you have had trouble getting the smoke stains off of. I haven’t tried it yet myself but soon as i can get to a dollar tree I will pick some up.

8 Likes

MSDS for that stuff.

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

• Chemical name. CAS number.
  • Percent by Weight. Butyl Carbitol.
  • 111-90-0. 0.01 to 2.5%
  • Ecosurf EH-9. 64366-70-7.
  • 0.5 to 4.0% Sodium Metasilicate.
  • 6834-92-0. 0.5 to 1.5%
  • Tetra Sodium EDTA. 64-02-8.
  • 0.5 to 1.5% Water.

http://honestcleaner.com/t/las-totally-awesome-all-purpose-concentrated-cleaner/409

It’s got your run of the mill ingredients that most degreasers contain; primarily a salt (Disodium Salt) and an Ethoxylated Alcohol.

The Ethoxylated Alcohol is usually proprietary and they rename it to some unknown “super ingredient” but they’re all very similar.

Tetra Sodium EDTA is added to protect the surfactant (Ethoxylated Alcohol) from hard water. It sacrifices itself so to speak to mineral ions in hard water so the surfactant doesn’t have to.

8 Likes

TLDR. Summarize it to “it clean good” or “it no clean good” :rofl:

1 Like

Right? That was about as simple as I could find.

I mostly just wanted to see if it was just yellow tinted windex or if it was really something different from stuff I already had. It’s definitely not ammonia based, so it’s not a windex clone.

1 Like

It may not be yellow windex, but it smells exactly like it…

2 Likes

Ooh, it definitely has different ingredients than most of the other solvents I have lying around, so I’m going to pick some up. Glycol ethers are supposedly good for removing “resins, oils, waxes, fats and dyestuffs”, so I’m not surprised it does the trick on smoke stains.

i ordered some from amazon, just cuz.

it leaked a tiny bit (bottle was sticky, but inside a bag inside a box). and the cleaner actually cleaned off some of the writing printed on the outside of the bottle.

2 Likes

LOL, works so well it cleans itself!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.