Anybody else make your own Christmas cards?

LOL - Rich

2 Likes

These are so neat. Thanks for sharing :smile:

3 Likes

These are great! Love the touch led additions… very cool.

I’m originally from STL… moved to the west coast about 16 years ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t had the time for the last couple of years, but I made letterpress Christmas cards not too long ago:

17 Likes

Wow @rebelpilot and @cynd11, fantastic!

1 Like

Oh man, I would LOVE to play around with letterpress. I bet your cards were really something!

1 Like

Being a ‘light freak’…I LOVE your cards. Simply amazing! I did make some foiled ones…but only about 10 of them. We don’t have many people left on our Christmas card list anymore. I just posted a photo in another existing thread; Hot Foil Stamping

2 Likes

So is tyhat switch the :: TACTILE SWITCH .24X.24X.20 ? what leds do you use ( the flat on a strip ones? Those are amazing!! ( Do you use copic markers to color your stamped images?)

4 Likes

Yes, I think that’s the switch I used. Honestly, I just browsed through the dusty bins at that store until I found something I liked. It’s neat to be able to actually see and compare stuff like that in person. I wanted to use an on/off switch instead of a momentary one, but they were too bulky for the cards.

The LEDs were just loose ones–I had to solder them to the copper tape. The front panel of the card is popped up on foam tape to hide all the wiring and stuff.

I used several types of inks: some dye inks in various colors for the color layering, blending inks for the sky, and Copic markers for the house.

4 Likes

Yes, I saw your foiled cards in that thread and they are gorgeous! I’ve been getting a bit into foiling myself lately–it’s addictive!

2 Likes

I’m a card maker. I make card all year long!

5 Likes

Thank you. Yes, it’s very addictive…which is a sure sign that I’ll just foil my brains out, then burn out on it for a while. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Well let’s see 'em @kim1032!

1 Like

Haha! Do you think you’ll be saying “Curses! Foiled again!?”

4 Likes

Here is my website: www.craftisanstudios.com

12 Likes

Oh, very nice indeed–your Copic coloring skills are awesome!

3 Likes

Thank you! I have taken a few classes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh yeah! I’ve already said that a few times! Ha ha! :laughing:

3 Likes

I didn’t look at all 98 pages, but enough to see that you are very talented. Very nice work. Nice website too. :+1::+1: - Rich

6 Likes