Anyone ever tried a cardboard knife?

Curious.

3 Likes

I picked one up on Amazon, works great for cutting down all the Amazon boxes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C5IVUA/ref=b2b_gw_d_bia_0_a1_5_p/139-5512086-5317264?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004C5IVUA&pd_rd_r=130GXXPMG8A3G9HNBHWT&pd_rd_w=RIliS&pd_rd_wg=H5NKJ&pf_rd_i=b2b-desktop&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=130GXXPMG8A3G9HNBHWT&pf_rd_t=ABGateway&refRID=130GXXPMG8A3G9HNBHWT

4 Likes

Yes…and they are pretty awesome! I use mine all the time to break down amazons for the stock pile. Much faster, safer, and more convenient than a box cutter.

I use the old carpet razor knife from my fuzz busting days.

I was hoping this was a laser cut knife made out of cardboard :rofl:

14 Likes

Bread knives cut it like butter.

1 Like

I expect pics of your cardboard lasercut knife in made on a glowforge anytime now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve used the yellow handle model for about a year, and it’s great. It can take a bit of getting used to if you’re aiming for maximum slicing efficiency – there’s a relationship between how hard you’re cutting down, vs. how much you’re sawing back and forth, that’s sliiiightly different for different cardboards.

…but I can definitely break down boxes faster with it than I could with a utility knife, and the absolute worst injury it can give you is like a paper cut. I have slashed myself rather badly with a utility knife in the past, so the safety angle is a big plus for me.

3 Likes

This works well…

WORX WX081L ZipSnip Cutting Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019CSHSW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_hAi6AbG99PK6V

1 Like

That’s cool, but probably overkill for me :slight_smile:

That’s not overkill. This is overkill (NSFW, language).

3 Likes

I think he uses one of those hot european-only tiny chainsaws to open the box. I want one, but I don’t think they are available in the US yet.

Spoiler: In a later episode, we find out they are gabage.

2 Likes

What the little chainsaws? Nooooooo, they look so cool.

2 Likes

You beat me to it. That was my first impression too!