Anyone have an SVG for wood grain?

So I have some mdf, I want to make it look like wood planks for textured like wood. Can this be done using a glowforge?

Im on a time crunch, but its not absolutely needed, just a want. I could actually get wood, but I have this on hand.

Wooden Textures 21.zip (302.1 KB)

It’s not great, but it’s what I have

1 Like

@jbmanning5 made one from a photo I posted one time…let me see if I can hunt it down.

Oh, I was thinking he posted the pattern, but he didn’t. Here’s the post, anyway, in case you want to see how it looked:

@ElsieH has woodgrain on her gingerbread log cabin - not sure it was from the :glowforge: but it might have been!

1 Like

Nope, I rolled the dough on a texture mat before I baked it. So no wood grain engraving on the laser. I did engrave a stone pattern for the chimney though.

2 Likes

All I did was engrave the picture, I think. Don’t think I did any actual editing. All one needs is wood grain picture and you’re good to go.

3 Likes

10 Minutes in the lumber section with your phone camera, and you’re set!

Well it took 2.5 hours, but I am surprised by the result:

9 Likes

For an unlimited array of wood textures and so much more you can create anything with this…
http://spiralgraphics.biz/ww_overview.htm

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.