Anyone have success with selling a Glowforge that needs repairing?

You have multiple open tickets. I suggest letting support work through your issues. Selling a machine that you feel is defective is going to be tricky, but not impossible. The fact that you state it works fine sometimes is problematic.

1 Like

@ChristyM, they’re both ear savers and I am making earrings as a gift for people that donate a certain amount to charities. So, when they send me the money, I’m donating it on behalf of them and Google is matching the donation 100%. I think someone else in the forums had posted about it too. Sending them a receipt of their donation along with a gift (e.g., something to also show solidarity with everything going on). I hope that makes sense. However, I still have a bunch of ear savers that I need to finish for my donation to the Navajo Nation.

I am glad that you don’t know how that works :slight_smile: Haha, definitely would rather not know…

@dklgood, yeah, they finally got back to me (after I posted this thread). So, I am glad. However, I still wanted to see what the community had to say about their own experiences. So, crossing my fingers for something that will be easy to fix.

@rbtdanforth, wow! That sounds like a whole different machine :open_mouth: Seems like they’ve made a lot of improvements after that point. Thanks for your response. You give me hope that it might be possible to see exceptional results. I am glad yours works well after all of that!

1 Like

It is a different and better machine now than then, almost all improvements in software. Your machine likely has an improved exhaust that older machines did not, and a lot more less obvious improvements in the mechanical systems that few could figure out even if they had them side by side.

I mainly wanted to give some perspective on the machine those newer to them now cannot have, most of those issues I had the rest of us at that time also had and why we are quick to suspect user error before unexpected magic from new machines.

2 Likes