Anyone know how to draw something like this?

Hi! Does anyone know how people design something like this? These 3D illusions are actually 2D but drawn in such a way as to make them look 3D, commonly used for acrylic edge lighting. I searched everywhere thinking that maybe there’s a way to take an existing image and simply push a button (maybe in Photoshop or Illustrator) and it’ll convert it to a image with a bunch of lines. I don’t think it’s completely manual process where these lines are all manually drawn on a computer. Does anyone have a clue???
Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

If they’re not manually drawn they’re generated from 3D models - 3D software generally has a “magic button” rendering mode called wireframe. It can’t be done automatically in 2D/Photoshop.

4 Likes

The first looks like they just drew a 3D model with some 3D drawing software, then rendered it out as 2D with some particular wireframe look.

The second looks a little more organic, but I suspect it was still drawn in 3D and then rendered in 2D, then printed on acrylic.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch to both of you! “Wireframe”! that’s the word I’m looking for. I was searching for all the wrong terms. I managed to find some tutorials on how to convert 3D models to wireframe in Blender… this gives me a good starting point.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Sometimes you just need the right vocabulary to search for the things you need! :smiley: Good luck!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.